Audio script 'Stop Smoking'

INT. The local pub near MMU 

Reece and Noah are sat down in the smoking area of a loud pub. Te sound of people talking and laughing fills the background. Noah pulls out a pack of cigarettes, offering one to Reece. 

Noah

(Cheerfully)

OI mush, you want a cig.


Reece

(undecided) Exhales

Ehhhhhh, Nah man. Im Quitting, I can't.


Noah

(Raising an eyebrow)

Really? 


Reece

(Sheepishly) (Sarcastically)

Yeah bruv, Healthier choices and that init.


Noah lights his cigarette and takes a puff, exhaling deeply.


Noah

(jokingly) (While smoking)

Ye bruv, I get it. I need to quit as well. I smoke like a chimney.


Reece

(Mockingly)

Ye but you won't tho will you


Noah

Ye, (Chuckle) Im in to deep bruv


Reece

(Slightly resentful)

You got me addicted mush. In Benidorm. You gave me a cig, and you smoke the strong ones as well man

And you offer them out like they're chuddy bruv.

How can I say no to a free cig I love em... But, Im committed. My mum has quit and I'd promise her I'd stop as well.


Noah 

I'd be way too stressed bruv. Stopping at the end of term, haven't u go exams an that 


Reece 

Not exams, assignments. And ye bruv its killing me 


Noah 

(While puffing his cigarette and blowing the smoke close to Reece's face)

You need a stress reliever, 


Reece

(exhaling)

I just gotta thug it out bruv

Its like two weeks init, then all the nicotine is out your system


Noah 

(Agreeing)

Think so like, how longs it been since you smoked last 


Reece

(Mockingly)

2 hours. Finished my last cig then threw the packet away 


Noah 

(laughing)

So you've barely quit then


Reece

(Hitting back)

Ye but I've still quit 

So should you. Spending 15 quid every two days is divvy 

You'll not die at like 50 as well 


Noah 

bruv Ive head that a million times if I was scared about that I would have quit by now. 


Reece

I think it's better to quit with someone tho init. Keep tabs on each other 

You could vape as well. Or nicotine gum (Sarcastically). 


Noah

I guess ye, might have to vape I don't think I could go cold turkey like


Reece

So ya gonna quit ye 


Noah

We'll see, We'll see mush. I might try to quit, or slow down at least. Its gotten bad, like, Ill get off the bus for Uni and the first thing I do is light a cig


Reece

(Loud) (Slight chuckle)

Bruv that's what I was like 

Listen If we both quit it'll be better. I don't even care about my health like, I'm just broke I need the money, Cant be spending 15 quid a day its stupid 

Less money of cigs means more money of drinks, clubs, food, ... (stammer) bloody everything


Noah

I'm tryna save up for a new bag like

Anyway you wanna go get a drink like 


Reece 

EHHHH ye go on then 

You gonna quit tho ye

We need to have stopped before Christmas


Noah 

(Sarcastically)

Ye Ye We'll see 


Epilogues/Conclusion

Noah and Reece Are sat in a group at a pub. Christmas music is playing and the sounds of people drinking and talking can be heard in the background. Noah is holding a vape and is frequently taking puffs on it. Reece isn't smoking anything.


Reece

(Rudely)

Noah, Let me have ya vape 


Noah 

Nah brev, you quit remember. You made me stop cigs I'm not gonna get you back into em


Reece

(Angry)

It's no like its a cigarette tho is it


Noah 

Bruv its nicotine, You have puff and you'll be fiending for a cig


Another friend, Kai, joins them at the table with a cigarette in his mouth. He takes it out 


Kai

You right boys 


Reece

Why'd yah make us sit outside its freezing 


Kai

So I can smoke, You boys want one 


Noah, Reece 

Noah- No 

Reece-Yes


Reece

(Stuttering)

I mean no, We both quit So no 


Noah 

(Laughing)

Kai, If he asks for a cig, do not give him one


Laughter 

Christmas music plays


Fin







Gist:

(How long we have been smoking for. Make fun of Noah for trying to glamorise smoking, the smoking ban maybe, Finally convincing him to attempt to quit, maybe an epilogue in which we meet at a pub again a month or so after and see if we have quit or not.)













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production to-do list